Most buyers these days won’t consider a new title without a comparative title along with it. Buyers use the comparative title to inform them about how well books similar to your new title have done, and draw a conclusion about how much to buy. Guidelines on how to select the most effective comparative titles to maximize sales of your new titles:
- Come from the same genre as your new title, same series, or by the same author that sold well.
- Must have sold well the month before, of, or after release.
- Must be in the same price range as your new title.
- Cannot have been published more than three years before your new title.
- Should ideally be placed next to your new title in both your catalog and tip sheet.